So…. Been a while. (My computer is acting up so I’ve had to create this post on my phone… Fingers crossed folks!) As I posted before I was in NYC for a fast and furious little trip. I’ll post more things on that later. For today I’ve compiled my May Favorites.
1. A butterfly pencil pouch… I know, I already favorited a pencil pouch not so long ago… Well ladies and gents, I have way more then one and I like to switch them out. This one is great for traveling, it makes me remember I don’t need ALL the things. It also has a dog on it! (In case you were unable to tell from my drawing, that’s a dogs face, a frenchie to be precise). Got it off of CoolPencilCase.com and they sell exactly what it sounds like… Other stationary items too.
2. Looks like a pencil, but ah ha! It’s a pen! Got it in NYC at the Met gift shop. Sadly I didn’t get to go into The Met, nor any museum (gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : ( just can’t have everything.) but I did stop and buy a silly pen pencil at the gift shop and I LOVE IT! My favorite thing I bought in NYC, besides some super yum meals. What can I say, I’m pretty easy to please.
3. A pleather backpack. It’s not the worlds greatest backpack I’ll be honest, it’s not real leather so in another week or so I suspect it will start to fall apart, but that’s what $30 on Amazon buys sometimes. That not so minor detail aside, I love this backpack because it reminds me of the one Meg Ryan has in the movie French Kiss (what you haven’t seen it??!!! I’m outraged! Go watch now!) It was handy and “fashionable” and I could stuff it under my airplane seat easy peasy. I’m planning on wearing the snot out of it.
4. My birthday cake!!!!! What’s not to love? It was ice cream cake and for maybe the first time ever someone had them put my name on it and make it look fancy (well, as fancy as an ice cream cake can look). No offense to the other lovely kind and generous gifts I was given, but that cake made me feel very special indeed, and all it took was someone spelling my name correctly on it really… Again, easy to please I guess.
5. Lastly, my plane tickets to NYC, I know I just said the cake was the best present, but actually it was probably these suckers; it’s really quite hard to decide. I got to go to NYC in January for a work thing and I only got one day to explore, I walked from Midtown to the Brooklyn Bridge and back (no subways, no taxis, just foot to pavement) and saw lots of things… But as some of you might know, there is soooooooo much to see. So, my mom let me go back as a birthday present! I didn’t get to do all the things I wanted or see all the things I had missed that one day, or go into any museums; which makes my heart a bit sad, I do love museum. But it was fun, and as I said earlier, more will be shared about my fast and furious travels in NYC, so stay tuned if you care to. Even though the mini trip wasn’t ALL ABOUT ME… I got to go, I got to see, and I am grateful.
So that’s it folks, my May favorites. What did you love this month? Anyone else celebrate a birthday? Let me know, if you’re feeling chatty enough to comment. Till next time!